Family

Family

Monday, April 14, 2014

Still waiting

We're in a waiting phase.  Our social worker is finishing up our home study.  We have not received word that our IL background checks are back so I'm assuming they have not arrived as of yet.  I just emailed our social worker so we'll see what she has to say about it.  I'm concerned that IL is ignoring us or losing our requests.  The fact that they will not respond to our social worker is not comforting to say the least!  We may end up having to wait an extra MONTH for the completion of our home study because of this.  I am trying to remind myself that God is in control and there may be a reason for this that we cannot see right now.

We also ran into another possible delay, last week.  It had to do with our financial info.  After talking with our social worker and our adoption agency, I think we have it straightened out and simplified.  Whew!  I was not liking the idea of having to re-do a couple documents.

I have a little more work to do on our pictures, so perhaps I should work on those to help the time pass.  We have our 3 "couples" pictures on disc- just need to have them printed.  We also have 6 "family life" pictures ready to be printed and need 2 more.  These must have Kevin and me in them, plus at least 1 other person (family, friends, neighbors).  I now have my 6 extra passport style photos but Kevin needs to get his done.

I really don't have much else to work on.  Besides the home study and I-800A, all of our documents are done and notarized.  We have our passports.  I've copied everything, filled out virtually all of the I-800A application, and filled out the application to have our documents authenticated by the Chinese Consulate in Chicago.  I started a FedEx account for when we're ready to send documents.  I guess I could pick up the FedEx envelopes and labels I'll need.  I'm just not very good at waiting on other people...

In the meantime, our summer calendar is taking shape with various camps and activities.  I try to maintain a careful balance between activities and down time- not always easy to do!  For starters, I am coaching Rebecca's softball team, again.  Should be fun!

No comments: