Family

Family

Monday, May 12, 2014

First review of home study

This evening, our social worker let us know that our adoption agency has done their first review of our home study and they had 2 questions for clarification.  I was able to provide a couple of answers for our social worker and she has submitted our home study for its second review.  At first, the extra questions were making me nervous, but our social worker reminded me that it's better to answer any potential questions before they become questions- in other words, better now than later.

I am now hoping our adoption agency is able to finish the 2nd review by the end of this week.  We shall see!  I'm assuming they just need to review any changes/clarifications our social worker has made.  Then, we will submit our home study to the state of IL (DCFS) for their approval.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I feel your pain. We had a long painful wait for our home study this time. Our home study for our first adoption actually went smoother than this one. I can tell you that DCFS typically takes 4 weeks for approval.

I haven't seen in any of your posts, though I might have missed it, what gender and age are you hoping to adopt? If you don't wish to share that information, that's fine. We are adopting a boy or a girl 3-5 years of age.

I just read your very first post. I smiled when I saw the Snoopy dance comment. Two weeks before we traveled to get Mia, I said that we would do the Snoopy dance when we finally met her. She arrived to meet us wearing a Snoopy dress. It felt like a little wink from God. Adoption is truly a miracle. I will be praying for your family and your waiting little one.

Libbe said...

Lori, we are requesting a little boy, age 0-18 months at the time of referral.