Family

Family

Sunday, December 28, 2014

DS-260 done

I ended up having to wait until the next morning (12/23) to get into the system to fill out Kai’s Visa application on his behalf.  This is the DS-260.  Some of the questions were a bit comical for a 20-month-old, but you do what you have to do!  I was able to finish, print out the confirmation, and email a copy of that confirmation to our adoption agency.

I was hoping to receive our email copy (PDF) of the NVC Letter on the 23rd, but it didn’t come.  I emailed them again that night and received it the next day (nice Christmas Eve bonus!).  This letter states that our I-800 petition for Kai has been forwarded to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China, where our interview will take place.  I have forwarded a copy of this letter to our adoption agency, so all should be set for our necessary documents to be dropped at the US Consulate by their China team.

Documents can only be dropped off at the Consulate on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Due to the holiday on Thursday, they were closed.  I am hoping our documents will be dropped off on the next available drop-off day of Monday (12/29).  Our adoption agency will email to let us know when this has happened.

And then we get to wait again! :)  The Consulate will review our documents to make sure all is in order and then issue our Article 5.  I have been told this takes a pretty standard 10 business days, so subtract the New Year’s Day holiday and you get maybe 1/12 or 1/13, depending on whether they actually start working on it the day it is dropped off or the next day.  Yes, we are down to counting each individual days! ;)  When our Article 5 is ready for pickup, our adoption agency will be notified.

We are getting down to the nitty gritty, folks!  I am headed to the basement to sort through baby clothes!  I am guessing Kai will wear somewhere around a 12 month size, based on our most recent measurements.  Tonight, I will probably work on our travel visa applications!

No comments: