Family

Family

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Application accepted

Last night, I was surprised to find our application approval email in my inbox!  :)  In it were congratulations and instructions on how to proceed.  Let the paper chase begin!

I've made a few phone calls, today.  First, I found a local notary.  I have a feeling we will be seeing her a lot over the coming months.  Second, I called our doctor's office and scheduled physicals for my husband and me.  I thought we'd have to schedule way out, so I wanted to get that taken care of right away.  Imagine my surprise when they offered us both appointments for early next week!  This NEVER happens with our doctor.  Of course I accepted them and now I need to race around and find out if there is a specific form we need for our doctor to fill out.  I'm assuming there is either a form or a list of things that need to be checked.  I emailed our adoption agency to find out as I've obviously gotten ahead of myself!

So....my plan is for us to review the Fee Policy/Agreement and Service Agreement, tonight, and then sign and notarize them tomorrow.  We will also fill out our Residential History form x 2.  Once we get these things done, we will send them back to our agency with our first agency fee.  They will then begin guiding us on assembling our dossier (lots of paperwork).

Next up will be ordering certified copies of our birth and marriage certificates and beginning the passport process.

I was so jazzed that I had a hard time sleeping, last night!

No comments: