Family

Family

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I-800A application received

Based off of another adoptive family's time line, I was going to start stalking the mailman for this notification, tomorrow!  What a surprise to receive it before then! :)  So, it's official- our I-800A application was received at the USCIS Lockbox in Texas on June 4.  It has been forwarded to the Hague Adoption Unit at the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, Missouri.  The notification suggests it will take 10-14 business days, for shipping and processing, to reach the Hague Adoption Unit.  Let's see...that would be June 18-24.  At that point they will schedule an appointment for us to have our biometrics done and send us a letter to let us know when/where this appointment will take place.  This last notification took 8 days from the time they received our application (2 days to input and print it) until it reached us, so I guess I should allow for an additional 8 days before I start stalking the mailman again.  Hm... June 26 - July 2.

This still leaves the FedEx man for me to *ahem* patiently wait for.  I expect to hear from our courier tonight regarding our (hopefully) authenticated documents.  Perhaps they will arrive tomorrow or Monday.

I am going to start preparing for our next steps.  I've already written myself some notes covering what we have left to do.  I can go ahead and fill out another Chinese authentication application form (for the I-800A approval, once it comes) and FedEx package.  I can also copy and organize our authenticated documents when they arrive, copy our passports, and fill out a FedEx package for everything to be sent to our adoption agency.  Oh yes, and it's time to *remind* Kevin to go get his extra passport style photos done.

Yep...coming into the home stretch of the dossier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're right about where you are! Our fingerprint appointment is next Tuesday, and we're about to send the rest of our documents to our courier to take them to the consulate. We're in the home stretch! Congrats on getting close!