Family

Family

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Moving along, yet waiting

I received an email from our courier to let us know that she submitted our documents to the Consulate on June 5th.  She will let us know after she has FedEx'd our documents back to us on June 12th.  I guess this means she already had them state certified with no issues?  This would make me very happy!  I won't get too excited until the documents are back in my hands and I see those nifty certifications and authentications for myself!  I may be a little jumpy come Friday!

Meanwhile, we have not heard anything on our I-800A, which is to be expected.  I have noticed, however, that the USCIS has cashed our check!  I monitor our bank accounts online on a regular basis, and the USCIS check transaction showed up on June 9th.  Not that I'm obsessing...

We have decided to start preparing the boys' bedroom this summer.  It should keep me busy and provide a good distraction while we wait for our I-800A.  Right now, the room has Rebecca's old furniture in it.  (You may remember we moved her in with Caetlyn several months ago.)  We need to remove a few things from the walls and patch any holes.  I have not quite decided whether we will just retouch the original khaki paint or choose a new color.  I would at least like to paint the ceiling white.  (Yes, the walls and ceilings were all painted khaki before we bought the house.)  Nathan has chosen robots for the theme, and I think that will work well for a number of years.

Who is this child we have been praying for?  How old is he?  What are his likes/dislikes?

No comments: