Family

Family

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Had our second home study visit

Here's our latest list of accomplishments!
~received our corrected marriage certificates
~both finished the home study questionnaire
~had my physical exam
~Kevin had his physical exam

I heard back from our adoption agency regarding Kevin's Employment Verification and our Financial Statement.  They had me change one little thing on the Financial Statement, and now both items are perfect.

We both had our physical exam appointments, yesterday.  Our family physician was excited for us!  We had to have a few blood tests and a TB skin test done, so the medical forms won't be finished until we have the results of those, which should be tomorrow.  We both have appointments to go back and have our TB tests read and then we hope to have the completed forms to bring home.  I'm not so sure that all of our blood tests will be back by then but we shall see.  I'm almost positive something will be wrong on the forms because the nurse kept wanting to fill stuff in for the doctor, and I already had to have her start over on a new form as we cannot have any errors or whiteout on these.  I will be sure to check them with a fine tooth comb and take extras with in case they need to re-do them.  I will be relieved when these are done!  The kids have theirs next week.  I forgot to ask about vaccines for us prior to our travels, so hopefully I will remember to ask when I am there with the kids.

We met with our social worker, tonight, and gave her our questionnaire answers along with all of the paperwork we've finished.  It was quite a stack!  She told us that Kevin's clearance from MI has already come back.  We each have a form to fill out for the IL background checks (in addition to the fingerprinting we've already done).  We also had to go over another document and sign it.  We did some chatting about how things are going.  Our social worker is going to start contacting our personal references.  I mentioned an adoption awareness conference that I am interested in attending, and our social worker encouraged me to go.  She said she has heard good things about it and is considering going herself.  We scheduled our individual meetings with her and that was about it.

I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for my friend to take our pictures in March.  She is a photographer and I'm looking forward to seeing how our pics turn out!  We will take some for our dossier and we will also take some fun/creative ones!  Now to obsess over what we should wear...

I'm looking forward to our pre-adoption classes, next week!  Each of the 3 classes is 4 hours long.  We have 2 of them next week and the last one the week after next.  
I wonder how long it will take our social worker to write our home study once we finish the classes and the last of our visits...

I am hoping to get together with my family this coming weekend.  If so, then we will share our news with them!  Kevin will then call his family.


No comments: