Family

Family

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ordered our birth certificates

Well, we did end up meeting the other couple on Saturday night and it went wonderfully!  We really connected with them and had a lot of our questions answered.  I just loved hearing about their experience!  I think Kevin also got a lot out of the meeting.  He commented how similar their family is to ours, which I think helped him get excited.

Over the weekend I read the dossier guide and the home study packet.  Yesterday, I watched the dossier orientation on our agency's website.  I have made myself a few notes to help guide me in the sea of paperwork and I am feeling a lot less overwhelmed about it!

I pretty much read all of the "families in process" section of our agency's website.  I'm just waiting for our invitation to join the Family In-Process Network, so we can begin connecting with even more adoptive families.  I love support groups!

Yesterday, I ordered our birth certificates.  Today, I ordered our marriage certificates (had to mail my request for that).  Once those come in, we will go apply for our passports.  Kevin still has his last passport, which expired a few years ago.  Because of that, he won't need his birth certificate, so I may go ahead and send him this weekend.  I can't find my OLD passport (we're talking, from my high school days), so I have to start from scratch.

Besides carefully monitoring our adoption expenses and budget, I will be starting on our Adoption Petition, my Non-Employment Verification, and our Financial Statement.  Kevin is supposed to be getting his Employment Verification once he figures out whom to ask for it.

Our first home study meeting with our social worker is in 2 days.  We will meet at her office, while a friend takes our kids to a museum (so thankful!).  And we have our physicals in a couple weeks.

No comments: