Family

Family

Monday, February 24, 2014

We told my family

Kevin and I went back to have our TB skin tests read and pick up our medical forms.  As I had predicted, there was one small problem on both of them- the doctor had signed and dated them 2 days prior.  I asked our adoption agency what we should do and have decided to have our doctor re-do the forms when I am back there with the kids this week.  I will feel so much better once that is done!

I mailed in half of our home study fee and our pre-adoption class fee.  The other half will be due when the home study is complete.

We visited my family, yesterday, and told them our news!  To make a long story short, I asked my mom if she was about ready to shop for a new couch.  She immediately asked if I was pregnant.  I then told her we are adopting a child from China.  There is a whole background story to the couch thing.  Suffice it to say that each time I've been pregnant, my mom and I have gone couch shopping.  The first time, she guessed that I was pregnant while we were in the store!  The sales lady almost started crying.  It was funny.  Anyway, my parents reacted the way I thought they would.  My mom was excited and my dad started worrying.  At least they are consistent/predictable, right? ;)  Kevin still needs to call his family to share the news.

We have our first pre-adoption class, tomorrow!  I am excited!

The kids all have their physicals this week- the girls on Wed. and Nathan on Friday.  Another thing to check off the list!  These are not part of the dossier but are required for our home study.  Nathan needs one for kindergarten anyway, so I just moved up his appt. by a month and a half.

I have heard from 3 of our personal references that they have been contacted by our social worker.  They have to write a letter of recommendation for us, answering all sorts of questions.  I hope it isn't too hard for them!

I wonder when our passports will arrive.  They have cashed the checks for them, so now I guess I can start stalking the mailman.  Not really...sort of...

No comments: