Family

Family

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

China-specific parent training half done

I finished all of my China-specific parent training videos, so now Kevin just needs to do it.  I will probably "encourage" him to do it this coming weekend. ;)  I did learn some new things and had other things reaffirmed.

I don't have much else to report.  We are waiting for our next (hopefully, last) home study visit, which is a week from tomorrow.  It can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned!

Oh!  I almost forgot to share.  Kevin and I both thought his employer had no adoption benefits but we were wrong.  After our social worker encouraged us to check on it (she's had other clients who were employed by the same company), Kevin found something!  They will reimburse up to a specific amount of certain adoption-related expenses after the adoption is final in the eyes of IL.  I am still reading the info packet, but it looks pretty straight forward.  We will file a claim with attached receipts, bills, etc., and they will take 2-4 weeks to review it.  I need to read up on what the state of IL requires for our adoption to be finalized.

A couple people have begun to ask us for updates on our adoption process and that feels really good.  To me, it means they are thinking about us.

It's wild to think there may be a little person on the other side of the world right now, who will eventually become our child.

No comments: