Family

Family

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Classes almost done

I went to an adoption/foster/orphan care conference this past weekend.  There were some moments when I found myself deeply touched!  I wasn't expecting to experience such strong emotions!  I was able to choose 3 sessions to attend (aside from the 2 main sessions) and I focused on post-adoption concerns.  I definitely came away with some tools in my bag and a list of books to read!

We have our last pre-adoption class, tonight.  This will satisfy IL and USA, but we will still have to take some China specific online classes through our adoption agency.  I am chomping at the bit to get the official list and get started on these!  The classes through our home study agency have been good!  It has been great to make some in-person connections with other couples who are adopting internationally.

All physicals have now been completed!  I will give our social worker Nathan's form at class, tonight.  We have also had all of our documents notarized and are in a holding/waiting pattern.

Here is what we are waiting for / have left to do:
~arrival of Kevin's passport renewal (really surprised my new passport beat his renewal)
~arrival of our 5 reference letters to our social worker (although I know she has at least 1 already)
~my individual home study meeting (scheduled for 3/14)
~Kevin's individual home study meeting (scheduled for 3/19)
~whole family home study visit at our home
~6 passport style pictures of me
~6 passport style pictures of Kevin
~3 photos of Kevin and me together
~8 photos of Kevin and me with someone else

Perhaps Kevin and I can knock out the passport pics this coming weekend.  That would be good!  A large chunk of the remaining photos will be taken care of when we have our family photo session on 3/15.  We will probably still have a few to get after that, so we may be hitting up various friends for help with this!

No comments: